2011年10月10日月曜日

My First Draft




Piece 1
Genre: A Personal Narrative
Draft 1 : Title: 40 weeks

Mother taught you everything. How to eat, how to drink, how to speak, how to communicate, or anything basic and very essential in your life. You have various times with her. Sometimes being scolded, sometimes arguing with her, helping her with housework, giving her a present on Mother’s day. Those are common experiences among every childhood. But is this because of the long time you have shared with her? There is one mysterious thing mothers do more than any magic any magicians make. That’s what I’m going to introduce.


It happened in my high school days


When I was a first year high school student, my parents bought me a cell phone for the first time. I was happy because all friends around me had it already. The word "First" always sounds good. Like the child who could do forward upward circling on the bar, who could ride on a bicycle for the first time. I was feeling so good. I had no friends at first, so I usually used my cell. As I was getting used to using it, as anybody did, I registered for a game web site, ringtone web site, and something for free to make the cell phone useful for your fun. However, as the proverb goes "Tadayori takaimono nashi" there is nothing more costly than something got for nothing. That something, tiny as it is, interrupted my cell phone life. At first several e-mails were sent to me from unknown senders. "I know. These are called spam messages." Strangely, it excited me. I wonder if it was because I could finally share the feeling that was common among friends who had the cell already. It’s just the way you couldn't catch up with the conversation about very popular manga. musicians or something. 
Since the entrance ceremony, I had been getting along with friends and started having fun. The better the time I had with friends, the more spam messages were sent to me. That was troublesome.
2 months later, I was enjoying the school life with certain friends in the group that I liked the best.
One spam message said "Hey, I love you. I wanna go out with you in return for 500,000 yen"
"Umm… 500,000 yen. That's not bad" I was just kidding.
Sometimes such mails were more than 100 from a variety of ladies.
"53-year-old woman who's never been dating in her life"
"33-year-old married woman who wants to cheat"
"How silly." I thought.
 They seemed all so stupid that I was mocking them. At first I ignored them because I knew it was dangerous stuff for every e-mail user. A lot of e-mails frustrated me, so I was planning to trick them in return. I was starting to reply to those e-mails.
As usual, spam messages were like
"Hi~ Do you wanna meet me? I'm so horny.”
"Yep, I think that's ok" I replied gently. Of course, there was no meaning. I just played with it.I continued such meaningless replies like yeah or it's ok with different women. I was just planning to disturb the illegal spam messengers or the companies a little bit.

One day, one e-mail was sent to me.
"You have to pay 3,000 yen"
I ignored it as usual.

But the next e-mail astonished me.
"We will sue you if you don't pay the price by the day" "Your replying costs money"
 I was so upset.
 Couldn't concentrate on any classes. Couldn't concentrate on talking with friends. Couldn't hear anything. Since everything around me was unchanged, I felt lonely. "When are they coming to me?" "How are they attacking me?" These threatening questions were coming and going through my brain over and over.
"This is ok. It's not my fault. I don't have to pay."
"I'll change my e-mail address. That's a good idea." I thought to myself.
But I was so anxious
"They know my e-mail address. They can pursue me forever if they do hacking to know my new one." I thought at the same time.
I know this is the silliest, but I imagined me on the newspaper as the first high school student who used “deaikei” web site illegally and was sued.
That was too embarrassing for me to talk with anyone about it.
Then I paid 3,000 yen in a convenience store.
When I went back home, without any words someone had put newspaper on the table about the junk mails that made you pay money you don’t have to. I thought it was too late, and I wanted to forget about that as soon as possible.
After all problems were solved, I talked about it to my friends as a funny story.



That was my experience in high school days. Silly and immature. Of course, I learned I would never do such a foolish thing, never play with a dangerous thing again. Mother knows everything about her own children. That's what I've learned more than anything. Even though you are sure you can keep it secret, your mother knows it already.
Such mystery is coming from the days that you had been inside of her, I guess.









Author's note: This is about the experience I had when I was a high shool student.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Hi Hisashi,
    I read this piece. It is very interesting topic!!

    Anyway, you didn't come to today's SE class. Are you OK?

    返信削除